Company Focus: Providing MASCO members with a Partnership for health science information.
Company Profile: Rittenhouse Book Distributors, Inc. provides access to products, services and information for health sciences, scientific and technical publishing. Partnering with more than 350 health publishers, Rittenhouse began as a medical bookstore in Philadelphia in 1946. Rittenhouse works with clients to provide the latest technology, print and electronic products, collection development tools, inventory solutions and marketing support.
- Offering EDI ordering and confirmation. Rittenhouse EDI integrates with many ILS systems such as those from Endeavor‐Voyager, III, and SIRSI.
- Core Collection Update (CCU) service designed to review the current book collection of a library, and provide a listing (and a price quote) for all of those titles that have either gone into a new edition or have gone out‐of‐print.
- Approval Plan Services and standing order services for monographic series and continuations. Doodys Core Titles (DCT) subscription service is offered through Rittenhouse.
- Competitive discounts and special offers.
- Introduced in 2005, the R2 Digital Library from Rittenhouse is a website‐based application that aggregates monographic content from multiple publishers to the desk top. In much the same way that Rittenhouse has provided one‐stop services and ordering for print materials, we now offer content from key health science publishers in digital format. The application includes a robust suite of administrative and collection development tools, as well as a user friendly interface, designed for health/science students and professionals. A free 30 day trial is available through www.rittenhouse.com or www.r2library.com.