Just about every three years, MASCO staff release the latest economic impact numbers as they are reported by our members.
Growth of the LMA, here in our city-wide 213 acres and beyond into the region, continues to swell.
- There are 57,000 employees in the LMA.
- 29,000 students, of which 64% remain in Massachusetts after graduation.
- We treat 2.3 million patients annually.
- We attract more than $3.1 BILLION in research monies through the NIH and other private and industry funding.
- Our hospitals contribute $177 million in state community benefits, with $13 million to Boston programs alone.
- Our schools of higher education provide $194 million in scholarships.
These are astounding numbers for the LMA and they only continue to rise. You can view our most recent fact book here (attached as a PDF) or request a hard copy here.