In order to ensure the safety of all who ride the shuttles, the following policies are provided:
Passengers must have proper identification to board any MASCO shuttle. Please have ID ready for inspection upon boarding.
In addition, the M2 requires either a Harvard ID, or a prepurchased M2 Ticket. Please see the M2 Route page for more information. The Landmark Shuttle also requires a Harvard ID.
Service animals are allowed on MASCO vehicles at all times.
Children in open strollers are welcome on MASCO Shuttles, however we encourage parents to be considerate of other passengers and adhere to these rules when traveling with a stroller.
Keep strollers clear of aisles and doorways aboard shuttles.
Seniors and customers with disabilities have priority use of the Priority Seating area aboard MASCO shuttles. If these seats are not in use, open strollers may be parked in this area. This will help you to avoid blocking the aisle. Please yield this space if a customer with disabilities, a senior, or a person using a mobility device wishes to board. It is the responsibility of passengers to ensure that their strollers do not interfere with the safety or comfort of other passengers. They must also ensure they are in care and control of their stroller at all times. If a stroller is too large to fit safely out of the aisle way, or if a passenger has too many items hanging from the stroller, they may not be allowed to board the bus. Passengers traveling with a stroller must be able to board and disembark without assistance from the bus driver.
- The safety and comfort of ALL passengers is our main goal.
- Caregivers will assume full responsibility for the safety of their children.
- Children in an open stroller should be seated and secured in the stroller before boarding.
- Passengers with strollers and children should take the necessary steps to prevent other passengers from being bumped by the stroller.
- Drivers may request the following:
- Passengers move to make an accommodation for a fellow passenger with a stroller
- A passenger with a stroller fold the stroller up
- A passenger with a stroller load from the rear of the shuttle for the safety of all other passengers.
- Seats designed to fold up for wheelchairs MAY be put in the upright position if space allows, but passengers seated there are NOT required to move to make room for a baby stroller.
- Larger strollers are problematic due to the space they require. Consequently, smaller strollers are preferred and easier to accommodate.
- Please fold your stroller in the event that a shuttle becomes crowded, in order to make room for others.
Important: Shuttle operators may use their discretion and have final authority on whether baby strollers can board buses or whether baby strollers need to be folded.
Specimens and samples are not permitted on the shuttles. Staff transporting them should receive direction from their institution regarding the safe transportation of these types of materials.
- Any form of physical contact with a bus driver
- Any form of inflammatory, disrespectful, or otherwise distracting speech directed toward a bus driver or fellow passengers
- Damaging, defacing or in any way marring the interior or exterior of a bus
(Any costs associated with repairs or cleaning will be charged to the responsible person.)
- Pets/Animals (only service animals will be allowed - see animal policy above)
- Cell phone use should be kept to a minimum.
- Please demonstrate common courtesy and respect for those around you, and allow all members of the MASCO community to get the most out of this shuttle service.
- Drivers have the final say on all matters related to the operation of the MASCO shuttles.